Welcome to JAAN's science class!!

Big hi to all of you! I'm an undergraduate following a Bsc in bioscience. Trust me I know the feeling of surfing around the net for ages and getting nothing in return! Or getting something worthless for the time we spent surfing. So I started this blog adding the science stuff I have noted which I think might help someone in their home work. Ok then enjoy!

13 July 2012

Insect Abdomen: Appendages found on the abdomen


Insect abdomen is the third functional region of insect body. It is located behind the thorax and contains 6-10 segments. There are various types of appendages arise from the abdomen.

Cerci
Located close to anus.

-Blattodea: simple and jointed cerci
ediacaran.mech.northwestern.edu
Via ediacaran.mech.northwestern.edu


-Orthoptera: simple and not jointed cerci
-Dermaptera: Sclerotized, forceps like cerci
gallurapestcontrol.com
Dermaptera forcep like cerci via gallurapestcontrol.com

-Thysanura: Long filamentous cerci
untitled
Long filamentous cerci of Thysanura

-Ephemeroptera larvae: Wing like cerci that helps to move forward in water.
untitled
Wing like cerci -Ephemeroptera larva

Styles
Can be seen in Cockroach and Lepisma. It is regarded as the vestige of the walking limb.
microscopy-uk.org.uk
via microscopy-uk.org.uk

Median caudal filament
This is a thread like projection arising from he center of the last abdominal segment between the cerci.
untitled

Abdominal Prolegs
Can be seen in Lepidopera.
entomology.umn.edu
via entomology.umn.edu
images (1)

Abdominal Gills
These are respiratory organs and found in nymphs of some aquatic insects.
untitled

Cornicles
These are located dorsally on the abdomen as paired secretory structures.
images (2)      images (3)

Female External Genitalia
Ovipositors are used for oviposition and it is formed by the modification of 8-9 abdominal segments. Thysanura, Orthoptera, Thysanoptera and some Hymenoptera insects contain true ovipositors.
images (5)
Ovipositor places egg inside caterpillar 
naturecloseups.com
Egg is released (naturecloseups.com)

-The ovipositor is modified as a poison injecting sting ( Wasps, bees..etc)
amazingnature.us
via amazingnature.us
-Hind end of the abdomen is extended to work as an ovipositor

Male genitalia
Modification of 9th abdominal segment makes the copulatory organ of males which is consist of aedeagus and pair of lateral claspers to grasp and hold the abdomen of the female during mating. 

1 comment:

  1. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)  

    ReplyDelete