Welcome to JAAN's science class!!

Big hi to all of you! I'm an undergraduate following a Bsc in bioscience. Trust me I know the feeling of surfing around the net for ages and getting nothing in return! Or getting something worthless for the time we spent surfing. So I started this blog adding the science stuff I have noted which I think might help someone in their home work. Ok then enjoy!

21 April 2011

Test for primary aromatic amines (Benzoylation):- Anilene, O.toluidene, P.toluidene, M.toluidene

Benzoylation

Procedure
Observation
1ml of the compound, 20ml of 10% NaOH solution and 1.5ml of Benzoyl chloride were mixed together in Stoppered conical flask. Mixture was vigorously shaken.
Aniline: White semi-solid
O.toluidene: Pale pink semi-solid
M.toluidene: Pale brown semi-solid
P.toluidene: Dark brown semi-solid

No comments:

Post a Comment